Monday, February 23, 2009

Catch up post

Thursday: Gym session while watching the Spurs v Shaktar game...while I got in a great long workout during the game, the game itself was a big pile of shite that left me cursing Spurs' shambolic defence once again.

Friday: One of those days that let you know the reasons why you run. Conditions were perfect. A crisp, cool morning with clear blue skies. The scenery was spectacular as I entered Herbert Park to see the sun rising over Dublin. I then totally spoiled the moment by not paying attention to where I was running and rolled my ankle pretty badly. Finished the run in pain. Total of ~3.9 miles in 26:52, avg HR = 156.

Saturday: Day off, ankle very sore. 

Sunday: 3.5 miles, 23:45. Ankle not great, will be ok as long as I dont do any further damage. Ran pretty hard as I was short on time.

Lots to discuss given weekend results. Props to Tarpy for a great race yesterday. I had also planned on hitting Drogheda yesterday to watch Keith, Mark and Vinny roll in the Ras na hEireann. However, that plan was jettisoned with the rather brilliant news that my brother Shaun got his knee dirty in Prague (i.e. he proposed to the missus). The wedding is already set for July 2nd 2010, and I have best man duties. I have now to plan stags (a home and away leg of course) as well as more immediately shake the hangover that means I skipped work today and was thoroughly pissed drunk for most of the weekend. Happy days.

No comments: