Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week in Review

Fri: 40 mins aquajog + Gym
Sat: 8 miles, 54:20; avg HR = 151
Sun: 19 miles, 130:18; avg HR = 155

Weeks total: 4 runs, 51 miles, + 80 mins in pool

Got in the pool on Friday as planned despite the shins feeling great all day, 'cos I'm like all smart and shit. Glad I did too because come the run on Saturday they were feeling pretty tight. Sunday didn't start out too much better, with both shins very tight early on. After about an hour they did loosen up and felt good by the end, but still not happy that it's not nipped in the bud yet. So getting back in the pool for the next 2 days, and not running until Thursday. Still happy that it's not a bone-related issue, but know that if I continue to push it it won't be too long until it does become one. Pleased with the fitness levels though, and the 10 mile race in the Phoenix Park next Saturday should give me a good indication of where I'm at.

No comments: