Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hangovers will be the death of me

9.6 miles, 70:45
Avg HR = 169, max = 184
1 min HR recovery = 36

I'll never learn. About to leave Fitzers last night after a casual 3 pints to go home and get a good nights sleep, I got talked into staying on for another 1 or two. After about 8-9 pints, thoroughly drunk, ended up back at one of the lads drinking whiskey and watching Superbad till 3 in the morning. Needless to say, I was massively hungover this morning. Ran the Deerpark loop which I knew was slightly short of 10 but GMAPs confirmed it at 9.6 miles. Can't really think of words to describe the run although horrendous comes pretty close. It took a supreme effort to not just jack it in after about a mile. Once I reached the point where it was shorter to complete the loop than turn back and go home I relaxed a little and tried to enjoy the run but without much success. HR was waaay too high, and would probably have been better off just not wearing it today as I should have known it would be that high. I'd like to think I'll learn my lesson and not get that drunk, but since I have a reunion with the Abu Dhabi crew this Friday I think I may be putting up a similar post next week. Looking forward to a much needed good nights sleep tonight.

WEEKLY TOTAL: 5 runs, 32.2 miles

No comments: