Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shuffle with the Shuffle

5.6 miles, 41:56
Avg HR = 162, max = 170
Rec after 1 min = 45

I've always been against running to music, sticking to the idea that 'runners run', and that running was a time for me to think and muse on worldly events etc etc. However, after I got injured back in January I bought a shuffle to get me through the hours at the gym which is fair enough. Running home from Santry on Sunday I was listening to the radio on my phone in order to get Spurs updates. What I found was with my mind on the game, I wasn't paying attention to niggles or how much my fitness sucks right now, and the run was a little more enjoyable. With that in mind, I hit the roads tonight with the shuffle, and found that I enjoyed the run as much as ever running to the sounds of Bono and the gang. The achilles is improving nicely but not quite 100%, and while the pace was slower than I would have thought based on feel and HR, it was a good outing.

No comments: