Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lets Get Sensible

T-Mill,
4 miles, 29:00 (7:30, 7:08, 7:08, 6:58)

Went to an intro meeting for Trinity Takes To The Streets (the group I've decided to run the marathon for) this evening, which was lovely, and since I was at the gym, decided to hop on the T-mill just to get a run in for the day. Wish I hadn't. I iced my shin last night for the first time, and it was tight all day, and got pretty sore as soon as I started running. Because I'm wicked smart, I decided to 'only' run for the 4 miles, instead of stopping much earlier like a sane person. While there isn't any soreness on the bone, the shin area is very tender, leading me to think that I have my first case of shin splints without a stress fracture in about 12 years. Could probably have avoided this if I'd been smarter, but the fact that it was in the right leg kind of made me brush it off. Taking Thursday completely off, and will hit the gym Friday for some cross training action. Not going to run again until the shin feels right.

1 comment:

Tarpy said...

how sensible are you being right now. is biablyzi a european soccer player or the word verification jumble? you decide