Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tempo

6+ miles total,
2 w/u, 3 tempo, 1+ c/d
tempo splits: 6:03, 5:58, 5:53

First off, I'm going to say that I am embarrassed that I'm calling this run a tempo, but based on effort and HR it definitely was. I'm also very happy with it, which shows I can now no longer call myself a runner, but a fat bastard jogger. How and ever, it felt like a tempo should, I was working hard, but felt comfortable enough at nearly all stages (running into the strong headwind wasn't easy). I also recovered quickly. I don't have HR data as I think the battery in the transmitter is gone, and was getting readings of anywhere between 99 and 240bpm during the run. However at the end it read 186bpm, which would be about right for a tempo. Overall very happy about this run.

No comments: