Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's official, the un-re-unretirement

4.6 miles, 32 mins + strides
Gym
1.15 miles, 8 mins

Ran up to the green to get a nice run on soft surface this morning as I only had a 12 hour turnaround from last nights run. Legs felt very good though, so threw some strides in at the end before getting huge in the gym. Despite a 2 week absence from the gym, managed to slot straight back into the old routine without too much effort. Easy jog home and done for the day by 8:45. Happy days.
So given that I've managed to string a few consecutive weeks of completely inconsequential average running I bit the bullet and registered for the Adidas race series in the build up to the Dublin marathon. It kicks off with a 5 miler on July 18th, a 10 on Aug 15th, and a 1/2 'thon on Sept 26th (annoyingly way too close to Chewy's wedding). Given that I've committed to these, no doubt I'll be injured in a week, but it's very nice to have something to keep in mind while out on my more than mediocre runs.

No comments: