Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oops

15 miles, 98:50

Had the perfect 14 mile route mapped out last night on Gmaps in preparation for this morning. However, because I live out in Boggerland, I can't zoom in enough on the satellite image to get landmarks, which resulted in me taking a wrong turn. Once I realised my error I took a chance on changing the route around Cooley, but this resulted in the run being longer than I planned. Didn't have splits for the majority of the run, but clocked the last 3 miles in 18:50. Didn't realise I was moving at that kind of tempo but delighted as it felt easy. Definitely need to pay more attention to pace as the whole point to these long runs is to maximise the amount of time I spend on my feet. More importantly I had zero issues with the right shin/calf, and the legs felt great. Very, very pleased with this run.

No comments: