Sunday, June 21, 2009

F*cking June!

This shitty month continues to go from bad to worse. My laptop has died, meaning a) no internet access on a regular basis, b) I can't do half the work I need to be doing, and c) I'm too broke to buy a new one. a + b + c = I'm up shit creek. Quick recap on the rest of last week.

Fri: Did the run/gym routine. 6 miles, 42:23. Felt good, but didn't necessarily feel like the effort correlated with running 7+ minute miles (felt like I was running faster despite easy running). Had my commencement ceremony for the diploma I did last year Fri night, so went for pints after and an early rise to head back to Dundalk Saturday morning made for a tired Wee man.

Sat. 8 miles + strides, 54:28. This was better. Despite the tiredness and mildly throbbing head, the run was very relaxed and easy. The tightness in my right calf seems to be dissipating somewhat to become a tightness down the whole right side, as the hammy was a little tight today too. Slept for 10+ hours Sat night. Love it.

Sun: 12 miles 80:59. Did the same run as last Sunday, and ran the exact same splits for the first 8 miles. Decided on the last 4 to guesstimate what marathon pace would be like and run at it for the last few miles. About 3.5 miles into it I regretted it, as I'm not fit enough for this type of craic yet. However, recovered very quickly and didn't feel too bad. Need to try to avoid being stupid though.

No comments: